Passports and Visas

Check all necessary documents and their validity

If you are travelling abroad, you should confirm that you have all the necessary documents and that they are all valid.

What documents do I need to go to the Dominican Republic?

Any Dominican or foreign who enters the Dominican Republic must have a passport with a minimum of 6 months of validity.

Foreign visitors must be provided with a Visa, except for:

  • countries with which the Dominican Republic has signed agreements on visa exceptions.
  • countries that are authorized to enter with only a tourist card, when said trips are for purposes tourist.

Consult the countries that need and those that do not need a Visa to enter the Dominican Republic:Dirección General de Migración and Authorized Countries to enter to DR

Additionally, foreign visitors must purchase a Tourist Card, which has a cost of USD10.00 or EUR10.00. Some countries are exempt from this payment: Note: if you are Venezuelan, check the entry requirements to the Dominican Republic.

How to obtain a Visa to enter the Dominican Republic?

The Dominican Republic issues tourist, business, work, student and residence visas. Tourist visas can be issued for one or more entries. To apply, you must contact an office of Consular and Migratory Affairs and complete the requirements there indicated.

For more details on how to request a Visa, click here.

Where can I get a Visa to visit the Dominican Republic?

Consult the Consulate of the Dominican Republic in your country.

Tourist Card All tourists entering the Dominican Republic must acquire the Tourist Card, except for the countries with which the country has agreements. The tourist card is a tax of the Dominican State that is valid for one year from the date of purchase, and is valid for a visit of up to 30 days and may be used only once. For more information visit: Tourist Card.

Where can I buy the Tourist Card?

From April 25, 2018, the Tourist Card is included in all air tickets issued outside the Dominican Republic.

Who is exempt from a tourist card or visa?

  • Dominicans and legal residents.
  • Foreigners from Argentina, Chile, South Korea, Ecuador, Israel, Japan, Peru and Uruguay.
  • Diplomatic and consular staff with assigned missions in the country, while on duty.
  • Passengers using private, non-commercial aviation as long as the aircraft fulfills the following requirements: the trip must be for sport, leisure, business or tourism purposes, and the aircraft must not weigh more than thirty thousand pounds (30,000 lbs) and have a maximum capacity of 12 passengers.

For confirmation and more information: Tourist Card.

What happens if I decide to stay in the country for more than 30 days?

You need to pay at the airport the proportional extended fee to the time of stay over 30 days. For the fees, click here.

Welcome to the La Isabela airport website. We use cookies in order to offer you offers and content tailored to your interests, analyze the traffic and improve the performance of the site and its ergonomics.